Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 10 (July 11th): NC Bound















Today, my mom woke me up early to go to a town about 25 miles away called Berger because I had an interest in the town due to the fact that my grandpa and step-grandma were married in a church there. It was an interesting little town. After that, we went back to the Stiers's for a nice breakfast cooked by Aunt Lori (then my mom & dad went to get Claire from the Heyings') and Grandpa came to see us & say goodbye. Also, an old friend of my mom's, Anita Van Booven, came to visit us before we left. About this time, I began to feel sick. We soon went to visit my step-grandma Fern's house and see my Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Tracy, Aunt Christy, Uncle Chad, & four of my cousins-Levi, Cody, Easton, & Myles- before departing for home. About this time my stomach felt better & I was relieved. We stopped at the Illinois Welcome Center (of which the visitors center was closed due to budget cuts), dinner at Arby's in Evansville, Indiana, change of drivers in Leavenworth, Indiana, and finally to our hotel in Jeffersontown, Kentucky outside of Louisville. Tomorrow-we'll be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment