Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 9 (July 10th): Last Full Day in Missouri






















Today after I ran 4 miles on the Katy Trail and we had breakfast (doughnuts from the Battocletti's in Hermann) and lunch (sandwiches) at Uncle Butch and Aunt Lori Stiers's house, we dropped Alison off back at her house and we went into Hermann to see Uncle Chad and Aunt Megan's new house. Although the exterior wasn't complete, the interior was absolutely gorgeous and we had a fun time playing with our 2 little cousins, Easton & Myles. Afterwards, we stopped in at my great Aunt Darlene's house to see her and Uncle Calvin before going to the all-you-can-eat buffet picnic at St. Paul United Church of Christ in Hermann (where a number of my family members go and have gone in the past) including fried chicken, roast beef, homemade ice cream (50 cents extra) and so many other delicious vegetables and desserts and breads. Then we picked up Alison again there & dropped her, Mom, Grady, and Claire off at my great-Aunt Darlene's house as Dad and I tried to find my great-aunt Dorris's grave in a nearby cemetery which as a lost cause due to the fact that it hadn't been marked yet. Later that night after leaving Aunt Darlene's, Claire and Torrie enjoyed riding horses back at Uncle Butch and Aunt Lori's where we are overnighting again and there we took pics of all the cousins and of my mom, 2 of her sisters, and 3 of their daughters (a tradition). This is our last day in Missouri and we will become "North Carolina bound" tomorrow afternoon.
*Also, while I was driving back to Uncle Butch and Aunt Lori's, a deer went across the road in front of me & Praise the Lord there was enough room for me to stop. Jesus is Faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment